FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Find the most frequently asked questions below.
How does the Kindly - Payment Reminder app work?
- The app finds all your pending unpaid orders and draft orders and puts them in the recovery list. (Not older than 30 days)
- First, you need to set up a reminder plan. The reminder plan contains the settings for the reminder schedule and the email template. There is one reminder plan for orders and one for draft orders.
- When the email template and schedule plan are set up and the auto-processing is enabled, Kindly will send out reminder emails to customers with unpaid orders according to your settings.
- When the order gets paid Kindly will stop the sending of reminders and mark the order as “Recovered”.
- If the order is not paid by the last payment reminder, Kindly will cancel the order if enabled and restocks all products.
Find detailed info about how to set up Kindly on the How it works page.
Which orders can be recovered with Kindly?
Kindly is intended to recover orders that have not yet been paid. So all orders with the financial status of “pending”, “unpaid” or “partially paid”. Also, all draft orders with the status of “open” or “invoice sent”.
How do I make sure that email reminders don't end up in spam/junk?
Which sender email address is used for the reminder emails?
When you first install Kindly, the email address used to send emails is firstname.lastname@example.org.
However, you can change this behavior by adding your custom email address and verifying it.
If you want to be 100% sure that your customers get your emails you can set up spam safety. Please note that this is only possible with the “Kindness Pro” plan. Check out the related topic Domain Verification and Spam Safety on our how-it-works page.
Does Kindly return inventory after the cancelation of an order?
Yes, when Kindly cancels an order it returns all products to the inventory. The cancelation is of course optional and can be set up in the reminder plan under “Scheduling”.
How do I verify my domain?
How many reminders can I send every month?
That depends on which plan you are on. Find out about your plan in the app’s account page.
Can I use the app inside my WooCommerce store or any other store?
How can I contact the support?
App: If you have the Kindly app installed, you can contact our support team through the in-app chat in the bottom-right corner.
Website: Use the help chat in the bottom right corner or get in touch with us through our Contact Us page.
Is it possible to exclude orders from being reminded?
This feature will be available very soon.